A Song & A Slice (Indoors + Distanced!): Top 40 Reggae Jukebox feat. Bongo District
Add to Calendar
*** Please note that there is a two-item minimum at tables! ***
Thanks for coming to the show and supporting live music! In order to support the business and the cause, we ask that you respect our Two Item Minimum Purchase policy for all guests seated at tables. We appreciate your understanding as we make our way towards recovery!
All seating placement at the discretion of venue staff and in accordance with VA Covid guidelines.
Please be assured that Jammin Java has taken all safety precautions to ensure your health and safety:
What We Are Doing
- All staff will wear masks at all times.
- Social distancing will be enforced.
- All audience members will be seated at tables. No standing room only concerts.
- Our total capacity has been reduced to take into account social distancing.
- Directional signage has been placed throughout the venue to minimize unintentional social distancing breaches.
- Multiple hand sanitizer stations have been placed throughout the venue.
- We will no longer accept orders at the bar. All food and beverage orders will be taken through wait staff.
- The venue has been cleaned professionally and their services will continue to be retained.
What We Request Of You
- Wear a mask or face covering upon entering and moving around inside the venue. Your mask may be removed while you are consuming food and beverage but should be worn at all other times.
- Adhere to social distancing as well as marked entry and exit doors/directional markings.
- If you have any symptoms of COVID-19, have been exposed to COVID-19, or do not feel well, please do not come to the venue.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please email@example.com
ABOUT THE BAND
From the melting pot of cultures that blend in the Washington D.C. area, emerges a
fusion of musical genres that is shaking dance floors and captivating music-lovers
attention; they are known as the Bongo District.
Their mix of reggae, funk, and ska spiced up with a latin flavor has earned them local
recognition becoming on of D.C.’s most sought after bands, playing as regular acts in top
venues such as The Bullpen and the Bluebeat Concert Series; as well as opening for
established South American artists Los Cafres, Los Rabanes and Desorden Publico
among others. Their unique blend of popular covers and original music makes their live
act appealing to audiences of all ages, taking them on a trip through passages of
relaxing reggae music to full blown stadium-chant percussive parties. With a three-
hour-plus repertoire under their belt, they are able to adapt to any size and style of
venue without losing the enthusiasm that characterizes their live show; be it an
outdoor stage, live venue, or a small local business, the entertainment is guaranteed.
“El Distrito”, as they like to call their shows, is a judgement-free zone where they
encourage audiences to express themselves while enjoying music in communion.
Bongo District is currently recording their first original EP, which promises to evolve
around the all-inclusive welcoming message they transmit at every one of their
performances: “Dear fellow music fans, thank you for joining and enjoying this
experience with us, you are now part of the District...”
This is the one District where you are sure to find all your musical needs fulfilled.
227 Maple Ave E
Vienna, VA, 22180